In the previous post (On the Aeriaa Airport Dashobard part I) I introduced the environment of this little demo project. I want in this post define the project scope, in order to develop the “Project Charter”
- Aeriaa airport, principal stakeholder need an airport dashboard for viewing the status of the primary airport processes.
- These processes (or flows) are: airplane process, passenger processes (departures and arrivals flows), baggage processes and another group (not less important) with security, power, IT, etc.
- The dashboard will inform about the status and the future trends and affections of processes and between them.
- Simple navigation, concise, and simplicity with data visualization.
- We will access to the dashboad from everywhere.
Also, this dashboard will be used as source for process reengineering.
Let’s do some IT basic architecture for this project. Needings:
- Data: the data will be stored in data structures with relational model and without it. We will face both models in later posts.
- Data distribution bus: we need an integation plaftform to distribute the data between systems, dashboard backend and the frontend.
- Databases, as mentioned before, we will use schema and schemaless oriented databases.
- Logger, a log component to store all the platforms events and issues.
- Event processing component, it will help us in processing massive events and for detect patterns for processes analysis.
- Process management, probably we need to run some processes to orchestate an airport process.
- Business model logic component: this component will gather all the data, derived and analysed events, and it will put the data available for serving it to the frontend.
- Web services: these services will act as the central point of communication between the frontend and the backend.
- Airport systems, that serves data to our components. Systems as AODB (operational database), BHS (baggage handling system), SCADA building and facilities systems, etc.
- Informative, beautiful, fast, usable and well designed dashboard 🙂
- We will use cross platform technologies in order to use the dashboard everywhere and in multiple devices, but I will develop an specific app for the iPad (iOS based).
In the next post about the Aeriaa Dashboard I will talk about the data and systems available for building the data components and structures.
Previous post: On the Aeriaa Airport Dashobard part I
This work by Pedro Garcia is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.