One of my 2015’s resolutions is to deepen the contact with the aviation’s industry, specially airport’s industry. If you follow the website a bit, you may notice that I’m developing some airport systems mockups (www.aeriaa.com/tag/dashboard) so as to showing some of the concepts I wrote here. During the last two years I’m following very close some of the new developments technologies, mobile and associates in particular, and trying to build some new ideas on them applied to airports and its related processes.
A new digital revolution is coming to the airport industry:
- All the “eFlow” management devices as eGates, eAutomaticBorderControls, eCheckin, eEverything, self-service for all.
- PaxEx flow detection for retailing and airline/airport passenger’s monitoring, with beacons, wifi, thermal images, etc.
- Concentration in the Airport Core System’s industry driven by SITA, Amadeus Airport IT, LockheedMartin, Ultra AS, AirIT, etc.
- Airlines developing new “Proof of Concept” solutions with wearables (Virgin Atlantic, Vueling) , virtual agents (Iberia), mobile, publishing API (British Airways), etc.
- BigData processing large amount of data. www.aeriaa.com/airtalk-jerome-perez-air-cube-ceo/
- GDS open its APIs (as Sabre) for 3rd party developers developer.sabre.com/resources/demo_gallery. IATA’s NDC. www.iata.org/ndc
- Social networks as new Customer Channel, KLM is a good example.
- A-CDM, SESAR and NextGen airport related projects, cooperation between all the stakeholders of the industry. Airtalk about beyond A-CDM
- Exchange models standardization, AIXM, WXXM, FIDX, ACRIS etc. www.aeriaa.com/on-the-new-airports-digital-level-acris/
- New great airport developments that should be benefited from the ICT solutions. www.aeriaa.com/on-the-new-aeropuerto-internacional-ciudad-de-mexico-aicm/
- IATA Baggage Monitoring Resolution “Reso 753”.
So, exciting times in this industry with a lot of challenges coming. So, this year a is good attending to Passenger Terminal Expo in Paris (PTE2015) should be a good thermometer of how all this changes are being applied and faced.
My interest in Passenger Terminal Expo is summarized in the 40 conferences I want to attend. All the conference’s track has a lot interesting topics, these are the relevant I want to cover for you:
- The use of beacons.
- The new trends in Airport Design.
- The airport ownership and investments trends.
- The PaxEx through the eFlow devices (eGates, Automated Border Controls, e…).
- ICT applied to Retail.
- New operations models, A-CDM, trajectory models, situational awareness.
- Retail segmentation.
- Airport projects in US, Middle East, Asia and North/South America.
At the exhibition area, more than 160 booths to visit. Three days full of interest and for capturing the essence of the opportunities that everyone should be benefited. I hope I can bring you interesting contents after the PTE2015.
If you are an exhibitor or a speaker and wanted to have a brief meeting, I would be delighted to learn from your value propositions. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or send me a DM to my twitter account @aeriaablog
See you in Paris!